As we said before, Involved is not just the title of a mesh song or Mark’s signature. We are very lucky and grateful to have such an amazing involved fan base. For the upcoming tour we would like to involve as much fans as possible. We already launched a call for the mesh street team. And now we would like to ask some help from the creative ones amongst you, our friends like these.
Those frequently visiting mesh shows, know that we love to show little videos on the so called backdrop, the screen behind the stage. We also know there are some fans really interested in those videos and sometimes create their own. We would like to ask those artists to create a video for a mesh song. It can be animated, filmed or created behind a computer. Let your creativity speak. But there are some ground rules:
- You make sure there are no copyright breaches.
- You tell us for which song you want this video to be used.
- Format is 16:9.
- Preferably 720p, 1080p or 4k.
- Deadline is 3th of August 2018.
- By sending in this video, you give permission to use this video on the upcoming shows. There is no financial compensation but participants will receive a little surprise.
- You give permission to edit the video or use it to accompany another song than the one intended if the execution of the song, the gear or the set-up of the show requires it.
- You send your video to email@example.com by using WeTransfer.
Yesterday, we kicked off Part II of Touring Skyward in Manchester. And have to tell, Manchester you raised the roof! Amazing! At our Facebook page you’ll find some Facebook live videos.
Now we are on our way to Germany for 10 days of touring. Starting tonight in Cologne. It will be the first day of ‘shooting’ for our upcoming new live DVD/Blu-Ray. Later this tour, the show in Hamburg will be recorded also. In all venues we are planning to film backstage footage.
Today is also release day of our 2nd Looking Skyward single “Runway”. It entered the German Alternative charts at number 5! Order your copy at Popnaut or at Dependent. Of course you can also buy it at one of the upcoming shows.
And there is more to get at the merch booth. Besides 3 new shirts, we will also have our photobook available. The mesh photobook, titled ‘Looking Backward’ contains pictures of over 20 years of mesh. 250 copies were printed for this tour. After the tour we will evaluate if we need to ‘run another batch’ for sales on the mesh store. Speaking of which… we are working on a new mesh store. So maybe we should be thinking about out a closeout…
Hope to see you soon!
The Bristish electronic duo Empathy Test will be one of our special guests during the upcoming tour. Read all about them in our newsletter.